Out of Home Care NSW

Philips home care provides Voluntary out of home care NSW as a one-off emergency placement or may be used on a regular or long-term basis. Centre Based Respite VOOHC or SSRC provider in NSW.


out of homecare

Flexible respite for children aged between 6-18  years living in the NSW region.

Offering day/overnight and emergency respite to families in need. We are approved by children’s guardian NSW

Voluntary Services Out of Home Care NSW

  • Philips Homecare offers respite for young people aged from 7 to 18 years old in a house that runs similarly to NDIS.
  • Out-of-home care programs provide care to children and young people who may not be able to live safely at home or who have been placed in someone else’s care by the NSW Children’s Court (statutory out-of-home care) or by the parents (voluntary out-of-home care).

Make Appointment


There are two types of out-of-home care services that require accreditation / registration:

Statutory out of home care NSW is provided to children and young people for at least 14 days when the Children’s Court makes an order, or the young person is designated a ‘protected person’. This will require accreditation.

Voluntary out-of-home care is arranged between a parent and an organisation when there are no concerns for the child’s safety. This will require registration.

Types of Out of Home Care NSW

  1. Foster Care Foster care involves placing children with approved caregivers who offer a safe and nurturing environment.
  2. Kinship Care Kinship care involves placing children with relatives or people who have a significant relationship with the child.
  3. Residential Care Residential care provides accommodation and support in group homes or facilities.
  4. Independent Living Independent living programs assist older adolescents in transitioning to adulthood by providing support and life skills training.

Challenges Faced by Children in OOHC

Children in OOHC often encounter various challenges:

  • Emotional and Psychological Impact Separation from their families can lead to emotional distress and psychological issues.
  • Educational Challenges Constant placement changes can disrupt education, affecting academic progress.
  • Placement Stability Issues Instability in placements can hinder the establishment of stable relationships.

Government Initiatives and Support Services

The NSW Department of Communities and Justice offers various programs and initiatives to support children and carers in Out Of Home Care NSW. These include counseling services, financial support, and access to educational resources.

Improving Outcomes in Out Of Home Care NSW

Efforts to enhance outcomes in Out of Home Care NSW involve:

  • Enhanced Training for Carers Providing comprehensive training and ongoing support for carers to better address the needs of children.
  • Focus on Mental Health Support Prioritizing mental health services to assist children in coping with emotional challenges.
  • Educational Support Programs Implementing specialized educational programs to support academic progress despite placement disruptions.

Out-of-home care future in New South Wales

NSW continues to evolve its strategies to improve OOHC outcomes. The focus remains on refining support systems, strengthening caregiver training, and ensuring holistic development for children in care.

Out of Home Care in NSW serves as a crucial support system for vulnerable children. By addressing challenges and implementing innovative strategies, it aims to provide a better future for these individuals.

Unique FAQs on Out of Home Care NSW

1. What is the eligibility criterion for becoming a foster carer in NSW?

Eligibility involves meeting certain age, health, and background check requirements. Prospective carers undergo assessments to ensure suitability.

2. How does the NSW government support the educational needs of children in OOHC?

The government provides additional resources, educational support programs, and advocates for stability in schooling despite placement changes.

3. Are there support networks available for individuals considering becoming foster carers in NSW?

Yes, various organizations offer guidance, training, and support to individuals interested in becoming foster carers in NSW.

4. How does OOHC in NSW differ from other states in Australia?

While the fundamental principles may be similar, specific programs, support services, and implementation strategies may vary between states.

5. Can children in OOHC in NSW access mental health services easily?

Efforts have been made to ensure accessible mental health services for children in OOHC, focusing on early intervention and specialized care.

As a registered voluntary out-of-home care provider, Phomecare complies with all the conditions of registration issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. Philips homecare is a registered SSRC / VOOHC service provider in NSW

Contact us for emergency :  SSRC/OOHC Accommodation in NSW

1800 571 955

Should your call be attached?