The voluntary out-of-home care is being replaced to Specialised substitute residential care.  Specialised substitute residential care is new name From 1 September 2022, the voluntary out-of-home care regulatory system is being replaced. The new framework will be called specialized substitute residential care (SSRC)

Specialized substitute residential care refers to an agreement made between a parent and an organization to provide care for a child away from their regular home for a minimum of three nights within a seven-day period. This care is specifically intended for respite or behavior support purposes, or it can be funded through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).

Specialised Substitute Residential Care

Types of Specialised substitute residential care 

SSRC services offer various types of care to meet different needs:

  1. Short stays of 3 or more nights within a 7-day period are available in group homes, respite facilities, hotels, or Airbnb accommodations (consecutive days are not necessary).
  2. Overnight or short-term accommodation options are provided in group homes or respite environments.
  3. The option of overnight stays for 3 or more nights is available in a ‘host family’ arrangement.
  4. Longer-term residential care is offered for those requiring ongoing support.
  5. Specialized camps lasting 3 or more nights focus on respite or behavior support.
  6. Accommodation is also available under the NSW Bail Assistance Program.

SSRC services can be arranged as one-time emergency care or can involve regular and long-term care, depending on the individual’s needs.

P homecare is a registered SSRC and NDIS provider and we do comply with the SSRC  & NDIS Code of Practice

P homecare takes an active role in ensuring the safety of the children and young people under our care. When looking after your child, we adhere to the SSRC Code of Practice, and to make their placement a success, we will engage in open communication with you about the following:

  • Your child’s preferences and dislikes
  • Your child’s daily routines
  • The communication methods your child uses
  • The specific support your child requires
  • Your child’s disability, if applicable
  • Activities that your child enjoys
  • Emergency contacts and instructions
  • Potential challenges your child may face and strategies to provide support
  • How we can best meet your child’s individual needs.

At P Homecare, we offer emergency accommodations in New South Wales (NSW) for Statutory Out-of-Home Care (OOHC), Supported OOHC, and Voluntary OOHC. Our overnight respite care options cater to various needs, whether it’s a one-time emergency placement, regular respite arrangements, or long-term care in NSW.

Our dedicated programs are designed to empower children and support them in achieving their goals, enabling them to live their best lives. With 24-hour on-site care, our team takes care of essential tasks such as cleaning, cooking, and chores, ensuring a safe and comfortable environment. Moreover, we have a qualified Registered Nurse available to oversee all clinical care, ensuring the highest level of healthcare support for the children in our care.

P homecare’s Specialised Substitute Residential Care arrangements include:

  • Overnight support
  • Emergency respite care
  • Group or center based activities 
  • Transportation services (pick up and drop)
  • Social and community participation
  • Day programs
  • School holiday programs

You can contact us at 1800 571 955 or for more information 

What is statutory OOHC? 

Voluntary out-of-home care is arranged between a parent and an organisation when there are no concerns for the child’s safety Statutory (Voluntary) out-of-home care is when the Children’s Court has made an order, which requires you to live with a person who is not your parent in a place which is not your parental home, for more than 14 days or if the child is a protected person. The Children’s Court ultimately decides if the parental responsibility for a child or young person will be placed with the Minister for Community Services, with another person or, in some cases, shared between the Minister and another person

Specialized Substitute Residential Care

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Should your call be attached?